All News Stories
- Clean Up Dengue Day
- Call for Submissions - Fiji Journal of Public Health
- Annual Corporate Plan 2014
- Fiji Journal of Public Health Volume 2 Issue 2
- Fiji Health Research Portal
- NHA Report
- Annual Report 2012
- Register for Kidney Drugs
- Bollywood Night Labasa
- National Strategic Plan on HIV and STIs 2012 - 2015
- Fiji Journal of Public Health
- APNs 2012 Annual Calls for Proposals
- Health Signs New Agreement with TISI Sangam
- Free vita - meals for Fiji children
- Training equipments for improved obtetrics services
- New decree for medics
- Interplast team visit
- Potato shortage
- Launching of the First National Climate Change and Health Pilot Project
- Home Finance Company Limited to Renovate A & E Unit
- Breastmilk is best
- Fluoridation of Water
- Health Progressive Report for January to August 09, 2010
- New Health vehicles
- Aerobics in the city streets
- DSPH likes deaf program
- $6m for health upgrade
- Colgate Palmolive Assists Health
- Blood Drives on, Cops Help Out
- Commissioning of the Wainibokasi Mortuary
- H1N1 Vaccine Arrives in Fiji
- Use Health Centres for Out-Patient Services
- Health looks at Mortuary Options
- WHO donates equipment
- Foundation to oversee Cath Lab
- Health's top 2 lead walk
- Heart Foundation revival
- Health thanks NCD partners
- Minister deals with Issues
Bollywood Night Labasa
- Your excellence Dr mishra of ICCR
- Dr Apte
- Managing director of Sahyadri specialist pacific hospital group
- Members of his medical team
- the bollywood enternainers.
- Vijay chand, labasa administrator
- Members of the northern medical team
- Ladies, gentlemen and children
I am very pleased to be here with you today.
Bringing specialist care to Fiji had been a painful task in the past.
With govt’s movement to partner with a internationally recognised specialist group we now have the capabilities to undertake necessary specialist level care in orthopedics, cardiac surgery and neurology.
The orthopedic service has run two (2) rounds with great success and return in the first week of March 2013.
The open heart surgery will operate from 25th march and the neurological team is operationally ready once we identify the patients by 7th April, 2013.
This opportunity gives Fiji doctors and nurses the opportunity to upskill locally and in India for short and long terms to raise local standards.
This screening of patients is a first in the series to bring better health to our people of Fiji.
Once the screening is complete the govt. Of fiji through ministry of health will determine the degree of financial support needed by our people.
Medical insurance companies, general practitioners and individuals can civil the services be provided.
The standard of care provided is international and moh continues to develop its service capabilities alignment with development countries so our national social and economic target are met.
Relations of this nature are very important to grow our nation health care system and we thank the SSPH group.
This evening’s entertainment by the Bollywood group is surely a bonus to our people in the north.
We thank Dr Mishra who leaves our shores shortly. Mishraji we part with broken hearts, which even Sahyadri cannot repair.
Dr Neil P. Sharma
Minister for Health
Email to Friend
Fill in the form below to send this news item to a friend: