Ministry of Health Christmas hamper
The Ministry of Health Christmas hamper was delivered early this year with the arrival of continent of Peace Corps Group 89 to Fiji. The Minister for Health Dr Neil Sharma officiated the swearing in ceremony.
Forum Secretariat Fale
Dr Neil Sharma offered his sympathies and prayers to American Citizens on the East Coast who have suffered major distress with Hurricane “Sandy”.
Dr Neil Sharma highlighted Fiji’s close relationship with the US Peace Corp organisation for several decades.
The changing political climate sees the return of the Peace Corps 89 – Fiji Group to Fiji and to the delight of the Ministry of Health the Peace Corp volunteers will be absorbed into public health area of Non Communicable Diseases and Maternal Child Health specifically.
He further added that, “the prevalence of Non Communicable Diseases globally is of concern. The Regional and National incidence needs major redress by all parties in Fiji and by its development partners”.
Mr Eddie Stice the Country Director, Peace Corps Volunteer and Dr. Josefa Koroivueta Deputy Secretary Public Health were instrumental and have worked on overdrive to ensure safe arrival of Group 89 in Fiji.
The work of the volunteers will have great impact on helping Fiji achieve its Millennium Development Goals 4-5-6-7 especially and overarches that with Non Communicable Diseases, raising awareness, advocacy and outreaching into our very maritime and mountainous terrain of our 100 inhabited isles in the sun and grass root level.
Dr Sharma said that “the Fiji experience will be invaluable in your own lives for sure. The concept of Fiji time, smiles, all sine and “great desire to agree” will be some new found values to you as a person”.
The volunteers were reassured to enjoy the experience; work with comparison and empathy and to share whatever they can offer to the nation, society and to the Ministry of Health.
The Group will work within the newly developed National Wellness Program in Primary Health Care.
- Dengue Fever in Suva - Travellers Notice
- Health Facilities Open and Emergency Operations Center Activated
- Ministry of Health Fiji launches Fiji Health Research Portal
- COMMUNITY APPROACH FOR HEALTH CAMPAIGN
- HEALTH MINISTRY REMINDS MUNICIPAL COUNCILS TO ASSIST GOVERNMENT IN COMBATING DENGUE FEVER
- HEALTH WALK TO PROMOTE HEALTHY LIFESTYLE
- GLOBAL AGENCY VISITS FIJI AHEAD OF CANCER UNIT OPENING
- Health: Fight against dengue shows positive results
- Ministry of Health Christmas hamper
- Sigatoka Mortuary Incident
- Rotarians donate pregnancy packs
- Health staff get service reminder
- Mystery illness identified