Last Updated on 3 weeks by Publishing Team
“No Jab, No Job” is a Fijian Government initiative to ensure all vaccine-eligible Fijians are vaccinated against the deadly COVID-19 disease. The Government has launched this initiative to encourage all vaccine-eligible Fijians to get vaccinated and ensure they receive two doses of the COVID-19 vaccine. Vaccination is the best protection against the severe consequences from COVID-19 that include hospitalization and death.
For individuals who are employed and are yet to receive the COVID-19 vaccines due to a prevailing circumstance, the Ministry of Health will provide exemptions.
The following are conditions for exemptions from receiving the COVID-19 vaccine:
· Individuals with a medical condition or allergy that prevents them from getting the vaccine and;
Temporary exemptions apply to:
· Pregnant women who are awaiting the Moderna vaccine.
· Individuals who have tested positive for COVID-19 and are advised to wait for 90 days before getting their first or second dose of the vaccine.
Individuals who are seeking exemption for any of the above purposes must submit the following details to the Ministry of Health and Medical Services:
· Full personal details (Name, Date Of Birth, Personal Contact);
· Reason for exemption
· Any other supporting document (medical certificates/document/ antenatal clinic cards/pregnancy scan)·
For all exemption applications, anticipate the Ministry of Health and Medical Services to revert within at least 24-48 hours. The above details are to be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 158. All documents will be reviewed prior to any exemption given by the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Health and Medical Services.