FEMAT FIELD HOSPITAL
Last Updated on 2 years by Publishing Team
VODAFONE ARENA FEMAT FIELD HOSPITAL SERVICES
The Ministry of Health and Medical Services wishes to advise that the Fiji Emergency Medical Assistance Team (FEMAT) Field Hospital has been established at the Vodafone Arena in Laucala Bay, Suva. The Field Hospital is assisting CWM Hospital in the delivery of health care services in the Central Division and now provides the following services:
- Emergency care services for adults and children which cover for acute illnesses, accidents, children’s illness, and medical emergencies;
- Admissions and inpatient care for non-COVID patients. All patients who test positive for COVID-19 disease will be referred for admission at CWM Hospital;
- Emergency surgeries for non-COVID patients. These surgeries are done at the Hospital Ship MV Veivueti which is docked at Government Wharf in Walu Bay;
- Any patient who is tested positive for COVID-19 will be directed to CWM Hospital for further care, as CWM Hospital has been designated as the COVID hospital;
- The FEMAT Field Hospital is open 24 hours a day.
For emergency health matters, please contact the mobile number 9905 146 to reach the FEMAT team at the Vodafone Arena.
The Ministry of Health and Medical Services requests anyone who may be showing symptoms of COVID-19 to present at a nearest screening clinic or call the toll free line 158 for further advice from our medical team.