Last Updated on 7 months by Publishing Team
MOVEMENT TO VANUA LEVU AND OTHER MARITIME ISLANDS
Further to the announcement by the Honourable Prime Minister on 10 October 2021, the Ministry of Commerce, Trade, Tourism and Transport (MCTTT) in consultation with the Ministry of Health and Medical Services (MHMS) and Ministry of Rural and Maritime Development, wishes to advise Fijians intending to travel to Vanua Levu and other Maritime Islands will be able to travel following strict COVID safe measures.
• Must be registered and issued with a Registration Reference Number for Domestic Repatriation. The registered applicants are those that have been registered for domestic repatriation on #163, MCTTT Facebook Page, and via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
For those who have not registered, please fill in the following online form or call 163 option 2 to register: https://forms.gle/JjhuwdBQvczBMaTZ6
• Travellers must obtain a negative COVID-19 MHMS endorsed Swab Test.
• Travellers must obtain a Pass before purchasing their tickets to travel and board a vessel or aircraft. All passes will be issued by MHMS in consultation with the Office of the Commissioners (Central and Eastern Divisions).
• Travellers must be fully vaccinated and Transport Service Providers must ensure that travelers produce evidence of being fully vaccinated.
• Travellers must provide confirmation or evidence of location for mandatory seven (7) days quarantine (Home Based Quarantine or Facility-Based Quarantine). Travelers may need to bear some cost for meals during quarantine. For those who prefer to do Home Quarantine, they must provide a Statutory Declaration in order to ensure compliance with the COVID safe measures.
Travelers that have registered and have fulfilled the above criteria must contact the following numbers to obtain a pass;
Central Division 9918962
3475084 / 3475086
3475088 / 3475089
3475100 / 3475104
Eastern Division 3313400
Western Division 2231 959
Northern Division 9904557
The Ministry further wishes to advise travelers that all passes issued for other Maritime Islands and Vanua Levu travel will be a one-way pass and any breaches with the COVID safe measures may be punishable by law.