05 May 2021
05 May 2021
The Ministry of Health and Medical Services wishes to advise that due to the high uptake of the COVID-19 vaccine, the vaccination campaign in Nadi has concluded as of 05 May 2021. Following the vaccination of 10,000 target population in Nadi, the campaign at Prince Charles Park has ceased for this phase.
Please be advised that the vaccination campaign is still ongoing at the Churchill Park in Lautoka and this will end once the vaccine stock finishes.
The Ministry of Health encourages all individuals above 18 years of age who fall in to the following target groups in Lautoka to come forward and get vaccinated:
- Persons with disabilities.
- Individuals above 60 years of age.
- Individuals with Co-morbid issues such as diabetes, hypertension, heart conditions, asthma, HIV, cancer, patients undergoing renal dialysis and any other medical condition.
- Part of Essential Services: air and rescue services, air traffic control services, ports services, civil aviation, telecommunication services, food and sanitary manufacturing plants and services, electricity services, emergency services, fire services, health and hospital services, lighthouse services, meteorological services, mine pumping, ventilation and winding, supply and distribution of fuel and gas, power, telecommunications, garbage collection, transport services, water and sewage services, Fiji National Provident Fund, Fiji Revenue and Customs Services, civil service, private security services and road services.
When at the vaccination site, we request individuals to be highly vigilant and practice all COVID-19 safe measures with great precaution.
Strictly maintain the following:
- Wear a proper mask and do not remove your mask to talk to anyone.
- Maintain a safe physical distance of 2 metres;
- Carry an effective hand sanitiser, frequently sanitise your hands;
- Download and activate the careFIJI application on your mobile;
- Do not handshake, mingle or get close with anyone who is not from the same household as you.
- Bring your water bottle and essentials so that you do not have to share them with anyone.
- Please be patient, do not overcrowd and wait for your turn to get vaccinated.
The Ministry of Health will announce when more vaccines are available in the country. Until then, all vaccine eligible individuals above 18 years of age are urged to register for the vaccine at https://vra.digitalfiji.gov.fj// . For further queries on registration, please email: email@example.com