Last Updated on 4 months by Riaz Hassan
FPBS provides Pharmaceutical services and leadership for the Ministry and the Government. This service has aligned itself to the strategic direction of the government to achieve the ultimatum goals, which is to improve the health outcomes in Fiji.
FPBS has a number of internal stakeholders including patients, workers, health care providers, health facilities and staff. FPBS also work closely with external stakeholders such as the Ministry of Finance, Fiji Commerce Commission, Tertiary Academic Institutions, Consumer Council, Police Department, wholesalers, Retail Pharmacies, Commercial Banks, Secretariat of the Pacific Commission and the Solicitor General’s Office along with international suppliers and organisations including WHO, UNICEF, UNFPA and the Global Fund.
Our Key Objectives are reflected in the National Medicinal Products Policy:
- To ensure the ready and reliable availability of good quality, acceptably safe and proven effective medicines at a price the individual and the community can afford.
- To rationalise the use of medicinal products through the provision of improved medicine utilisation information and training of health professionals and through education of the public in appropriate use.
- To support government policy directions through the delivery of pharmaceutical services.
The key areas of service are;
- Procurement and Supply Management – working with key stakeholders and manage supply chain activities for medical supplies needs for the Ministry
- Inspectorate and Regulatory Authority – administration and implementation of the Pharmacy Profession Decree and Medicinal Products Decree.
- Essential Medicines Authority – promote quality use of medical products
- Institutional Pharmacy Services – oversee the deliverables of the Pharmacy services at facilities
- Bulk Purchase Scheme – commercial entity that market and sells to private sector for selected medical products
FPBS has achieved the following awards for their work
2012 – Fiji Business Excellence Award Recipient – Commitment Award
2013 – Fiji Business Excellence Award Recipient – Achievement Award
FPBS is located at Lot 1 Jerusalem Road,
Ph:  3388000
Fax:  3388000
For email enquiries;
|Chief Pharmacist Office||FPBSChiefPharmacist@govnet.gov.fj|
|Bulk Purchase Scheme||FPBSBulkPurchase@govnet.gov.fj|
|Fiji Pharmacy Profession Board Secretariatemail@example.com|
|Medicinal Products Board Registrarfirstname.lastname@example.org|